Growing excitement about CCM for Rural Health Clinics (RHCs)
The ThoroughCare team was excited to attend the 2018 Spring conference of the National Association of Rural Health Clinics (NARHC) in San Antonio Texas. The conference represented over 400 participants from Rural Health Clinics across the United States.
On Monday, Captain Corinne Axelrod, a Senior Health Insurance Specialist for CMS, talked about the new Care Management Services and Payments for RHCs.
She explained that RHCs will make around $62 for each CCM with G0511 (higher than the Fee for service rate or $42 which RHCs made in 2017).
She asked the audience to:
- Raise your hand if you're currently doing CCM.
- (about 25% of the room raised their hands)
- Raise your hand if you're considering beginning a CCM program.
- (mostly everyone else raised their hand)
It was very clear that most RHCs are now familiar with the CCM program. The reimbursement rate was created in a way to encourage every clinic to participate.
As an exhibitor at the conference, ThoroughCare noticed the same thing. Hundreds of attendees stopped by our both. Here's what we noticed:
- Almost everyone has "heard about CCM". (not the case at last year's conference)
- Many clinics were surprised that the reimbursement jumped from $42 to $62
- Several clinics wanted to start but weren't sure what to do.
- Several clinics tried doing CCM in their EHR but it didn't work very well.
- Overwhelmingly, every clinic we talked to has intentions of building a successful CCM program.
ThoroughCare provides easy-to-use software that helps clinics to manage an effective CCM program. Our software features:
- Our patent-pending Patient-centered Care Plan
- Easy-to-use CCM Dashboard to track patients
- Time Logging and Reporting
- Easily share CCM Summaries with any EHR
Because of the Rural Health Conference, ThoroughCare is offering special discounts to RHCs. Schedule a 15-minute discovery call to see if ThoroughCare is a good fit for your clinic.